Monday 24 October 2011

Butterfly of consciousness



Floating calmly in the sea of destiny


As soon as I got to the shore I spotted the butterfly floating in the sea, it looked so out of place being a creature of the earth and air. It's wings had become waterlogged and it was trapped just moving with the small waves lapping the shore. This was the butterfly's sea of destiny, I wondered was it aware of it's plight, scared, fearful that death was approaching or was it just resting there having sent a request for help to the universe and trusting it was soon to arrive?

I put my finger in the water by it's head and it slowly crawled onto it, up towards the sky where it belonged.  As I carried it away from the shore looking for a safe place where it could dry it's wings I felt the butterfly's survival to be the most important thing in the world in that moment. I saw myself in it's struggle, I thought about it's life so far and the challenges of surviving being an egg, a tiny caterpillar, a chrysalis and finally a butterfly, it had successfully passed through all these stages of it's journey to find itself floating in the sea with an uncertain future before I had rescued it.

Watching it open and close it's wings, crawling carefully up the stem of grass I'd placed it on I saw it's strength, fragility and beauty bound together in the great wonder of life. I felt connected with the butterfly's life force and became conscious of it being part of me and me being part of it, on an energetic level level there was no separation between us. I was saving myself through saving the butterfly.

When I left I hoped it would be ok, that it's wings would dry out so it could fly off for new adventures but I was also deeply aware that at some point it's journey would be over, it would complete the cycle of life we're all part of. I felt the butterfly in me, the fragility, the struggle and the power that are parts of all of us and the transformation we all go through during our life time, just like the butterfly.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post...powerful words.. a blissful experience..magical and inspiring.
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete